Monday, December 26, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

New Year Attitude of Gratitude Challenge. 

Okay, maybe I should be starting a diet as that is the usual New Year's challenge that people vow to complete.  I used to do that each year but it never worked.  I do intend to lose weight but that will be part of my Attitude of Gratitude Challenge.

I now realize that there is more to a problem than just the problem. . . What?  I am overweight.  Why is that?  It is more than just being overweight.  How did I get there and why?   How do I fix this problem(s).  I am starting my transformation with an attitude adjustment.  I am starting with GRATITUDE.  I am a Christian - but am I truly grateful to God for the blessings in my life?  In my recent bible study of God's graciousness and gratitude, I realize that I do not measure up.  Gratitude is more than saying THANK YOU.  It is the demonstration of gratitude through my life.
 "Attitude determines Altitude."

Gratitude is the key to transformation.  “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”

Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Colossians 3:17 Whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord giving thanks to God.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you

This challenge is inspired by Revive Our Hearts.  Here is to a new heart and new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment